HR2600 & HTX-100

Just any other questions that you don't see a forum for? Go ahead and post here.
ETXcummins
NEW DUCK
NEW DUCK
Handle: Two Step
Antenna: 102" steel whip
Radio: RCI2950

HR2600 & HTX-100

Post by ETXcummins »

Hello all:

Well, I guess I am full swing back into this hobby! There goes my money, haha. Anyway, I just picked up two radios on the HR2510 platform today, a Realistic HTX-100 and a President HR2600. Both made in the Philippines and both extremely clean with only very minor cosmetic scratches. These radios have clearly been taken care of. I picked them both up at a gas station in Fort Worth for $50 total!

Anyway, heres the negative. Both are in need of repairs. The gentleman who sold them to me was a radio hobbyist as well and was very honest about them. He said he is unsure what could be wrong with them, but neither transmit or receive correctly. So, here is the point of my long winded post:

Is there still anyone reputable out there that can repair these radios and get them back to working order? I do not want them hacked. No echo or peaking or any of that craziness. These radios are just for my personal collection and I just want them back in working order. I know there used to be a few guys around the country who were "experts" in these radios. Can you guys recommend anyone?

I'd love to get these into the hands of one of those old radio geniuses so he could make them well again! Even if they never do work again, I'm excited to have them on the radio shelf!

73's,
Brandon
295 antenna
Handle: 2950 or 295
Antenna: patriot, Discone
Radio: Stryker 955 , Browning Mark iv

Re: HR2600 & HTX-100

Post by 295 antenna »

Try contacting one of our sponsors unless one of the members here know a shop nearest you.
Keep smiling ...It makes people wonder what your up too !

American eagle SSB group : AE1577

TWRC - The world radio group : WR2950

world wide sidebanders - WWS2950
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

I'm pretty sure other then freshen up the caps and alignment, there isn't much can be done to the Realistic HTX-100, they were made not to be modded to 11m. That said are either of those radios modded for 11m? The Uniden HR2600 has a mod for 11m but the display will still read 28mhz. I had done several in the past using a "ChipSwitch", but they are no longer made and extremely hard to find.
Most of your truck stop techs really don't want to spend the time recapping a radio not saying they don't have the knowledge but not worth the time, figure $50 an hour, capping probably is a 3 hr job done right.
Finding someone local is a mater of getting on your radio and seeing who's doing radio work in your area, I know a couple on the forum in the FT. Worth/ Dallas area has a tech nearby.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
sonoma
Donor
Donor
Handle: sonoma
Radio: President Washington

Post by sonoma »

over on the Defpom site there is a mod to open the radio up from about 26 to 30 mhz. it does work. I did one I had years ago. only problem is it is SSB only. no AM. it is not a easy mod to do because it takes cutting a trace at the cpu. if you are new at this take it to a shop to have the conversion done.
this mod is for the HTX-100 radio
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

sonoma wrote: March 12th, 2018, 3:39 pm over on the Defpom site there is a mod to open the radio up from about 26 to 30 mhz. it does work. I did one I had years ago. only problem is it is SSB only. no AM. it is not a easy mod to do because it takes cutting a trace at the cpu. if you are new at this take it to a shop to have the conversion done.
this mod is for the HTX-100 radio
Just checked it out, not a bad mod.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department