I am back and retiring

Just a off topic area for people to come and post.

Moderator: JR Moderator

TheCBDoctor
Sponsor
Sponsor
Radio: HR 2510
Name: Rick
Referrals: 4

I am back and retiring

Post by TheCBDoctor » Sunday, 24 March 2013, 10:56 AM

I am glad to announce that after many months I am back. I have made some changes due to the fact that I have decided to retire shortly. The good news is that I finally have regain access to my website. Zen Web Builder was down due to a pending lawsuit. It seems that Zen had infringed on copyrights when supplying templates for their site builder. (Access was denied for 8 months.) :x

Now that I again have the ability to modify my Website I have corrected and added some information. I have placed a link from my home page to this Forum. I have added a page for those that wish to bid on eBay. If you own a Cobra 2000 GTL, and want to know what to look for before placing a bid, you may want to check out "Before bidding on eBay."

http://thecbdoctor.net/_mgxroot/page_11122.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The shop that I used to assist will be closing down shortly because the owner's health is failing. I believe the shop will be closed by the end of this summer. I have only a few radios left to repair and I will not be taking in any more radios. I have accumulated a lot of stuff over the past 30 years and I will be posting much of this equipment and parts under a new heading at thecbdoctor.net for sale. There will be photos that you may look at under the heading "For Sale."

When you click on a photo it will take you to thecbdoctor.biz where you may purchase these items. I am not looking to make a killing off of the items I am selling; I would just like to find these items a good home.

I should have everything up and running by mid April. Anything that does not sell at thecbdoctor.biz will be put on eBay. I will still remain active on the forum. I will answer any questions that I can as always and assist those that wish to keep CB and Ham radio alive. It has been a long time since I have logged on the forum on a daily basis, but now that I have more time I will return and do what I have always enjoyed since the CB bug bit me nearly 30 years ago.

I have three radios left to repair while I am in the process of setting up my new business model. So please check out my new site, and my old site, as I make the changes needed to make this all happen. I appreciate the many friends that I have made in the four years I have been a sponsor on the best radio forum on the Internet. If you go to any other radio forum and you see my user name please note that it is not me. I don't go anywhere else but here.

I hope to make many more new friends because, although I will not be repairing radios over the Internet anymore, I will still be an active member and sponsor of this forum. If you have any questions you may contact me here using the PM or directly at thecbdoctor@gmail.com

Thanks for the many years of enjoyment and as always,

Respectfully,

Rick

The CB Doctor
Best Regards,

Rick, The CB Doctor

OFFICIAL SPONSOR - http://www.thecbdoctor.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MDYoungblood
Radio: Uniden Washington
Antenna: Avanti Sigma II
Name: Greg

Re: I am back and retiring

Post by MDYoungblood » Sunday, 24 March 2013, 13:06 PM

Hi Rick (TheCBDoctor),
Good to here you are getting things back together and happy to hear you are looking forward to retiring. It will be great to get you on the "ShoutBox" in the evenings and with all the newbies coming on the forum, your knowledge will be needed. I will be checking out your site from time to time .

3's

Greg
ImageImageImage

"321, the Middle of Maryland"

23 AM "WORLD Image WIDE" 38 LSB

Strong Supporter of America's Original Homeland Security Act
The Second Amendment

Base
Uniden Washington
Mobile
Texas Ranger TR-696FD1C
Handheld
Maxon HCB-40WX
Antennas
Avanti Sigma II
Homemade Full Wave Loop
Homemade 1/2 wave Dipole
Hustler 102" SS Whip and Hustler Ball Mount

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department

Savoirfaire
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Name: Frank

Post by Savoirfaire » Sunday, 24 March 2013, 13:13 PM

Great news and the legal world is just a mess these days. So expensive to fight things you should not have to be fighting.

I am fairly new to the website since January.

I will check on your website and/or Facebook.

73 Frank 10 X-Ray 47 (SSB)
Last edited by Savoirfaire on Sunday, 24 March 2013, 15:04 PM, edited 1 time in total.

eddieb1965
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER
Name: Eddie
Cell Phone: 217-371-9418

Post by eddieb1965 » Sunday, 24 March 2013, 13:50 PM

Congrats on your upcoming retirement,I will definitely check to see what you have accumulated over the years and are clearing out.Happy Retirement, Eddie

Grinder74
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Name: Chris

Post by Grinder74 » Sunday, 24 March 2013, 16:15 PM

Congrats on your retirement! My Dad retired Friday, that's why I bought him a Cobra 2000 for Christmas.

721HACKSAW
Donor
Donor

Post by 721HACKSAW » Sunday, 24 March 2013, 17:44 PM

Thanks for all you do for this Forum and its users Rick!
Enjoy it! :)

tractor guy
Donor
Donor
Radio: President Washington
Antenna: Ground Plane
Name: Joe
Home Phone: 1-800-MUDDUCK

Post by tractor guy » Sunday, 24 March 2013, 19:51 PM

Rick,

I know we have exchanged some e-mails recently, but I want to say it here. Congrats on the retirement. The radio community is losing another great technician. I am honored to have one of the last CBDoctor tuned radios. I look forward to seeing what treasures you will getting rid of.

Joe

Tractor Guy
1953 Tractor Guy
Central Indiana

TheCBDoctor
Sponsor
Sponsor
Radio: HR 2510
Name: Rick
Referrals: 4

Post by TheCBDoctor » Monday, 25 March 2013, 11:47 AM

Thanks Guys,

I will be working on commercial radios for the company for a couple of more years, but it will take me that long to sell the stuff I have been "Hoarding" as my wife would say.

I can't seem to be able to throw away anything that has a resistor in it. :icon_e_smile:

One Man's trash is another Man's treasure. To me it is all treasure, but it has to go. My plan is to go to Florida or maybe Texas where Freedom is not a dirty word. Will the last person to leave Connecticut please turn off the lights.

I do have a couple of radios to fix and return, and then I am done. It will make my wife very happy. I am keeping my bench; I know that is one thing that is staying. Everything else has to go. It is my "treasure" or me that has to go, and I like a warm place to sleep, so the "treasure" has to go. I started going through my stuff and I can't believe what I have been saving. I am sure someone can use it.

Here is a link to my website page that I have started to get this project going.

http://thecbdoctor.net/_mgxroot/page_11123.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A happy wife = a happy life.

I started taking pictures and arranging the stuff I will be posting on my site. I know everything will find a good home. I have a feeling that many of the members are like me when it comes to radios, or electronics in general. It will all have to wait until after Easter though; I have 3 kids under 14 years-old. The Easter Bunny will be busy this weekend. :icon_e_wink:

The one good thing that will come out of this clean up is that I will have more time to hang out on the forum. Hurricane Sandy took down my antenna, but that is another project. I am looking forward to joining the shout box.

Everyone please have a pleasant Passover and a Happy Easter.

As always,

Respectfully,

Rick
Best Regards,

Rick, The CB Doctor

OFFICIAL SPONSOR - http://www.thecbdoctor.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Daveman927
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Radio: Cobra 142 GTL
Antenna: A99
Name: David Faircloth

Post by Daveman927 » Monday, 25 March 2013, 13:36 PM

Hey Rick,

Its nice to see your back. You have always provided me with useful information on any repairs i've had. I am a proud CBer that was fortunate to have you work on my radio. I still have your autograph in my cobra 142gtl.

I also want to congrat you on retiring. Tho its unfortunate you wont be working on radio's its nice to hear you will stay with CBRT and provide your experties.
I wish you the best of luck and can't wait to see some of these treasures you have. Your right, anything with a resistor is a treasure and can always be used somewhere.
I would like to thank you for everything you have done for me as far as giving me advice and doing a repair for me.

I'll be looking forward to talking to you in the shout box.

73's

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic