Gooooooooood Mooooooorrrrning Vietnam!!!!

Just a off topic area for people to come and post.

Moderator: JR Moderator

mty pocketz
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Radio: cobra 25 ltd classic
Antenna: 102" whip
Name: Duke

Gooooooooood Mooooooorrrrning Vietnam!!!!

Post by mty pocketz » Tuesday, 12 August 2014, 19:36 PM

If this isn't appropriate for the forum, I understand, but I believe it is a very serious issue that needs to be shared more.
This is part of a status I composed on my Facebook after hearing of the sad loss of Robin Williams.

Robin Williams has been making us laugh, and tear up a few times, for many years. I can't think of another "celebrity" that has had the same kind of impact that he has had on the people of the world.
He spent his life making other people laugh and feel happy, even if only for a few seconds or minutes at a time, on-screen and off. On countless occasions, he performed and did meet/greets with members of the Armed Forces overseas. Also, he had no issue with staring his opinions and standing up for what he believed in.
To me, it is very sad to see a man who gave so much to see others smile fall prey to something like depression. I've dealt with it severely myself and have lost loved ones because of it. I know that to put on a front and try to hide what you're feeling, while trying to live a normal life, can be very difficult.
Depression, anxiety, and having suicidal thoughts, as well as other issues or so-called disorders is a real issue that is often never seen on the outside. From experience, it can be very difficult to deal with and even harder to admit that you have a problem to other people and to seek help. And while dealing with issues like that, it can be very difficult to carry on with your daily life, much less trying to make other people happy. It happens to the best of us.
We lost a good man to a very serious issue. There are many avenues of help available if you or someone else is dealing with similar issues. Please don't let it get too far!
Realize that YOU can make a difference, even if it's just saying hello or smiling at someone that you pass by or interact with. Make a difference in someone's life today. It may just be your smile or kind word that keeps someone else from making the choice that Robin and so many others make each day. And if you haven't experienced it, sometimes that choice may seem like the only option. Often, it can seem like some other force is taking control of your body and/or mind while dealing with such issues and thoughts.
Gandhi once said, "You must be the change you wish to see in the world".
-Charles Duke
"America will never be defeated from the outside. If we falter, and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves" -Abraham Lincoln

dirtyjob
Donor
Donor
Radio: Many
Antenna: Super Penetrator 500
Name: Mark
Home Phone: Unit 613 Boston
Cell Phone: CBRT 18204
Referrals: 2

Re: Gooooooooood Mooooooorrrrning Vietnam!!!!

Post by dirtyjob » Tuesday, 12 August 2014, 21:53 PM

well said :)
Browning Golden Eagle Mark IVA - Mark III & Mark II
"LISTEN FOR THE PING"
Kenwood TS-590S - Yaesu FT897D - W2IHY 8 Band EQ - W2IHY EQPlus
Yaesu FT-101E - Tram D201A - President Lincoln - CP2000
Gizmotchy G-31 Beam
Super Penetrator 500 5/8 Wave
Comet GP9 2 meter/440
"North East Corner Of Massachusetts 613"
CBRT 18204

(Click image to enlarge)

mty pocketz
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Radio: cobra 25 ltd classic
Antenna: 102" whip
Name: Duke

Post by mty pocketz » Wednesday, 13 August 2014, 4:46 AM

Thanks Dirtyjob. I just felt it was something I needed to post
"America will never be defeated from the outside. If we falter, and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves" -Abraham Lincoln

silvereagle1
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: President Lincoln 2
Antenna: Sirio Turbo 5000
Cell Phone: --------------

Post by silvereagle1 » Wednesday, 13 August 2014, 10:45 AM

Very well put duke.
Last edited by silvereagle1 on Wednesday, 13 August 2014, 14:24 PM, edited 1 time in total.
President Lincoln 2
Sirio Turbo 5000 Roof Mount
567 East Tennessee

Bombero
Site Admin
Site Admin
Radio: RCI 2950 Mirage
Antenna: 2ft Wire hanger
Cell Phone: 1-800-MUD-DUCK
Referrals: 1

Post by Bombero » Wednesday, 13 August 2014, 12:48 PM

A legend...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Official Moderator - CBRT Complaints Department
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there.
Be sure to tell them you saw their name on CBRadioTalk.
Support our fine sponsors!

383 Boogieman

http://www.hamqsl.com/solar101pic.php

jessejamesdallas
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by jessejamesdallas » Wednesday, 13 August 2014, 16:33 PM

I can't think of another "celebrity" that has had the same kind of impact that he has had on the people of the world.
He spent his life making other people laugh and feel happy, even if only for a few seconds or minutes at a time, on-screen and off. On countless occasions, he performed and did meet/greets with members of the Armed Forces overseas.
...........Bob Hope...And he didn't need to be on drugs or alcohol to do it...
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

halfwatt959
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Radio: too many to list
Antenna: maco base/ whip mobi
Name: karl hammons sr

Post by halfwatt959 » Wednesday, 13 August 2014, 17:23 PM

I'm still trying to remember the name of the movie where he played the doctor who wore the clown nose. Any one know?
2 and 3/4 DX RADIO CHAOS. Halfwatt959 " I MAY NOT CAN FIX IT BUT I CAN TAKE IT APART"
I HATE COMPUTERS!!!!!

543FtWorth
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: (non-sponsor) 29 LTD
Antenna: *Censored*

Post by 543FtWorth » Wednesday, 13 August 2014, 17:26 PM

halfwatt959 wrote:I'm still trying to remember the name of the movie where he played the doctor who wore the clown nose. Any one know?
Patch Adams

Coyoteman
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Radio: Cobra 148 GTL
Antenna: Larsen/A-99
Name: Brian 244 on SSB

Post by Coyoteman » Wednesday, 13 August 2014, 17:42 PM

jessejamesdallas wrote:
I can't think of another "celebrity" that has had the same kind of impact that he has had on the people of the world.
He spent his life making other people laugh and feel happy, even if only for a few seconds or minutes at a time, on-screen and off. On countless occasions, he performed and did meet/greets with members of the Armed Forces overseas.
You ever think maybe robin used drugs or alcohol to deal with his depression. And I'm pretty sure Bob hope had his share of alcohol maybe not as much as Robin Williams but he live in a generation that would take a few belts here and there. But I don't really see your point of bringing that up The fact is that Robin Williams was a funny comedian he gave an awful lot to society was still dealing with those demons of depression regardless of his drugs or alcohol I don't think he used drugs or alcohol to be funny I think he used him to deal with his depression and anxiety's and pressure. And I'm still trying to figure out why you had to bring that subject up it baffles me.

silvereagle1
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: President Lincoln 2
Antenna: Sirio Turbo 5000
Cell Phone: --------------

Post by silvereagle1 » Wednesday, 13 August 2014, 19:32 PM

Without going into details I for one can understand the mindset of a depressed person and yes dealing with it in the manner that Robbin Williams did. It doesn't matter if you're rich or poor famous or not we all have problems that sometimes is just too much for us to handle. Life can be great and all at once your world is shattered and more times than not people will not burden others with their hurt and pain instead climb into a shell and keep it all inside until they simply can't handle it anymore. It's sad really, mostly because we don't see their pain until it's too late. I've known people who have worked their whole lives at jobs they loved then in a snap of a finger lose their jobs, insurance and lose their homes and all they worked for is gone. Those kinds of curve balls in life that most will never face can and will drive someone to do what Robbin Williams and many others have done. Depression can strike the strongest man at any point in his life and without warning. How many times have we saw a man holding a sign that reads will work for food? First thought is "get a job" but In reality we don't know what he has went through to be at that point in his life. Yes some may be con men but some are a victim of a greedy cruel society. I guess my point is no one knows what another person is going through in his or her life to make them depressed and lose the will to go on. Just my two cents.
President Lincoln 2
Sirio Turbo 5000 Roof Mount
567 East Tennessee

jessejamesdallas
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by jessejamesdallas » Thursday, 14 August 2014, 16:19 PM

Coyoteman wrote:
jessejamesdallas wrote:
You ever think maybe robin used drugs or alcohol to deal with his depression. And I'm pretty sure Bob hope had his share of alcohol maybe not as much as Robin Williams but he live in a generation that would take a few belts here and there. But I don't really see your point of bringing that up The fact is that Robin Williams was a funny comedian he gave an awful lot to society was still dealing with those demons of depression regardless of his drugs or alcohol I don't think he used drugs or alcohol to be funny I think he used him to deal with his depression and anxiety's and pressure. And I'm still trying to figure out why you had to bring that subject up it baffles me.
The post made by mty pocketz said
"he could not think of another celebrity that has had the same kind of impact that he has had on the people of the world."
and
On countless occasions, he performed and did meet/greets with members of the Armed Forces overseas.
"I said" Bob Hope"

Robin Williams on more than one occasion when being interviewed would admit he did drugs, long before the part about him suffering from depression ever surfaced...He may-not have been as hooked on the stuff like Richard Pryor was, but a addict just the same...

"IF" Bob Hope was a Alcoholic or a drug addict, it was NEVER-EVER made public, and he didn't need a crutch to make people laugh or say harsh words to get a laugh... Comedians now days seem to think they have to drop the F-word or the N-word in their routine to get the same results...And that is truly sad IMO.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Locked Previous topicNext topic