Odd Clarifier issue.

Whether you're new to using single sideband (SSB) or have years of experience, this forum is the perfect place to ask your questions or provide assistance to those who are new.
DXer
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Handle: DXer
Radio: Several

Odd Clarifier issue.

Post by DXer »

Hi All,

My course knob works as it is supposed to. If I turn it clockwise, it goes up in frequency. If I turn it counter clockwise, it goes down in frequency. The fine knob is the odd one. When I turn the fine knob clockwise, the frequency goes down. When I turn the fine counter clockwise, the freq goes up. Is this an easy fix to swap the movement of the fine protion of the clarifier? I have a Cobra 2010 GTL WX. Pretty much the same radio as the Cobra 148 GTL and Cobra 2000 GTL. This is the last Base Radio Cobra made. It replaced the Cobra 2000 GTL.
sonoma
Donor
Donor
Handle: sonoma
Radio: President Washington

Re: Odd Clarifier issue.

Post by sonoma »

just swap the 2 outer wires that go to the portion of the clarifier you want to change direction in. leave the center wire alone.the 2 outer will change the direction.
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Post by MDYoungblood »

Hello DXer,
I would leave it alone, it makes your radio unique. I don't know anyone with the 2010GTL to see if they came that way or not.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
DXer
4 PILL USER
4 PILL USER
Handle: DXer
Radio: Several

Post by DXer »

MDYoungblood wrote:Hello DXer,
I would leave it alone, it makes your radio unique. I don't know anyone with the 2010GTL to see if they came that way or not.

3's

Greg
It never used to be this way. I took the radio to the shop to get it realigned because it was sitting in my garage for a few years after I moved to my new place. When I went to pick it up, the tech said he unlocked the clarifier and also tuned the radio. I had no issue with this because, I like that now that I can slide down or up in between feqs for DXing. But after getting the radio back, this is when I noticed that the fine knob was backwards. I called the shop back after a few months because I didn't have time to take it back and it's not a huge deal, but now the radio tech no longer works there and the shop stated they are no longer hiring service techs. I am knowledgeable on radio's just don't have all the equipment the tech's do to properly align the radio. I guess I could have done it my self by getting it close, but figured have it done right one time, and not worry about it anymore.

Saturday, 23 February 2013, 9:43 AM
sonoma wrote:just swap the 2 outer wires that go to the portion of the clarifier you want to change direction in. leave the center wire alone.the 2 outer will change the direction.
So just swapping the two outside wires will change the pot direction? That sounds easy enough.