SMART CAR-hayabusa motor

This is the place to show off that ride, ask questions, or find answers about your favorite cars, trucks, 4X4`s, street rods.

Moderator: JR Moderator

BallWrecker
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

SMART CAR-hayabusa motor

Post by BallWrecker » Monday, 22 December 2008, 23:16 PM

WOW I'm dizzy....

Shaft
Donor
Donor
Radio: SWP General Lee
Antenna: Predator 10k
Name: Bryan
Referrals: 2

Post by Shaft » Tuesday, 23 December 2008, 0:19 AM

That's pretty sweet. RA needs to do that to his Smart Car.
A CB'er and his money are soon parted.

:ncool: :ncool: :ncool: :ncool: :ncool:

coondog
Donor
Donor
Radio: SWP GL by RA
Name: Jim

Post by coondog » Tuesday, 23 December 2008, 1:38 AM

BOZO would look good driving that thing in his get up :lol:

linx
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Radio: 2 tin cans + string
Name: Rob
Referrals: 6

Post by linx » Tuesday, 23 December 2008, 3:37 AM

RA has a SMART? Way go to green!

That's a neat video. There's another one on youtube that's a Smart stomping a Ferarri in a 1/4 mile run.
Admin - CBRT Complaints Department
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there.
Be sure to tell them you saw their name on CBRadioTalk.
Support our fine sponsors!
VOTE FOR CBRT TODAY!
CBRT ON TWITTER!!!
My Twitter Too

721HACKSAW
Donor
Donor

Post by 721HACKSAW » Tuesday, 23 December 2008, 7:09 AM

But a Ferarri or Porsche will get you laid, I don't know about the Smart car!! lol

Shaft
Donor
Donor

Post by Shaft » Tuesday, 23 December 2008, 7:14 AM

721HACKSAW wrote:But a Ferarri or Porsche will get you laid, I don't know about the Smart car!! lol
You can still get laid from having a Smart car. She'll be one of those hairy armpit, vegan, tree hugger girls that voted for Obama.

backwoods
Skipshooter
Skipshooter

Post by backwoods » Tuesday, 23 December 2008, 7:22 AM

Gauge cluster is from a GSXR, not a Busa but I can not get a good look at the motor. I'd much rather leave it on the bike, and add a turbo!!!

Slim Jim
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

Post by Slim Jim » Tuesday, 23 December 2008, 7:26 AM

backwoods wrote:Gauge cluster is from a GSXR, not a Busa but I can not get a good look at the motor. I'd much rather leave it on the bike, and add a turbo!!!

I bet the GSP loves you! That's a sweet rocket you got there, dude!
Remember gentlemen, Keep the sun out of your eyes and be yourselves.

elmer fudd
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by elmer fudd » Tuesday, 23 December 2008, 7:34 AM

That's a waste of a perfectly good bike motor!

causmik
Donor
Donor

Post by causmik » Tuesday, 23 December 2008, 8:06 AM

Shaft wrote:
721HACKSAW wrote:But a Ferarri or Porsche will get you laid, I don't know about the Smart car!! lol
You can still get laid from having a Smart car. She'll be one of those hairy armpit, vegan, tree hugger girls that voted for Obama.
Hiry pit or otherwise, check out this tree loving-road hugger developed here in Washington State....home of the hairy hippie Obama sort of latte' sipping liberals.....gotta love 'em.

Shaft
Donor
Donor

Post by Shaft » Tuesday, 23 December 2008, 11:37 AM

Dude, you could not drive that Tango car here in Texas. One gust a wind would blow that shark fin looking thing over.

drdx
Donor
Donor

Post by drdx » Tuesday, 23 December 2008, 11:51 AM

Clowns have it made. Imagine how cheap the car payment is when you're sharing it with the other 12 clowns riding around in that thing with you? That car was on SPEED, on hot import nights, a few days ago.

-drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all *Censored*, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx

lonewolf
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified
Referrals: 1

Post by lonewolf » Tuesday, 23 December 2008, 12:02 PM

drdx wrote:Clowns have it made. Imagine how cheap the car payment is when you're sharing it with the other 12 clowns riding around in that thing with you? That car was on SPEED, on hot import nights, a few days ago.

-drdx

Bozo. :lol: :lol: :wink:
Stomping the mud ducks in northern Maine 285 standing by.

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

causmik
Donor
Donor

Post by causmik » Tuesday, 23 December 2008, 12:34 PM

Shaft wrote:Dude, you could not drive that Tango car here in Texas. One gust a wind would blow that shark fin looking thing over.
Weighs in at around 3000 lbs with around 4" ground clearance. Ninety% of the weight is in batteries. I know you have big winds in Texas but one would be hard pressed to blow this thing over. Google Tango Electrig and watch some of the videos. This is one cool small ride. I never got a chance to drive or ride in one but I did get to sit in the proto. I am 6' 2" and I was comfortable. I did get to see some of the expressions on the faces of the ones who got to take a quick ride. Zero to sixty in four seconds is pretty impressive.

Mike

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

This is from one of the sites:

The Tango isn’t just a box on wheels. With 39” of headroom, I sat comfortably in this tiny marvel – granted I’m only 5’9” but 6-footers should have no problems. With Sparco racing seats, Sparco Lap 5 steering wheel and rocking 13 inch Yokohama racing tires, you and your co-pilot can cruise around looking fresh.

Aside from good looks, the Tango packs impressive performance into its tiny frame. Check out the bullets:

• Acceleration: 0-60 mph in 4 seconds
• Range: 60-80 miles
• Top speed: 150 MPH
• MPG cost: equivalent to 195 mpg
• Charge time: full charge in less than 3 hours

drdx
Donor
Donor

Post by drdx » Tuesday, 23 December 2008, 13:01 PM

What's the range with a big radio onboard? "smartswing smartswing smartwing smartswing, VOLTS VOLTS VOLTS VOLTS VOLTS, sola sola sola sola sola sola sola, AW YEA, BIG SWANG".................. "Fo-fitty six in tha byu, i gotta get down befo I gotta get out and push this skangabanga. tripple-8 in this sola supa bowla , and I just got down" -drdx
Yes it's me, Dollar-98, drdx, the original all *Censored*, shot cawla on workin this no-fade technology.

-drdx

Shaft
Donor
Donor

Post by Shaft » Tuesday, 23 December 2008, 14:23 PM

causmik wrote:
Shaft wrote:Dude, you could not drive that Tango car here in Texas. One gust a wind would blow that shark fin looking thing over.
Weighs in at around 3000 lbs with around 4" ground clearance. Ninety% of the weight is in batteries. I know you have big winds in Texas but one would be hard pressed to blow this thing over.
I've seen fully loaded box van trailers blown over. I'm sure it has a low center of gravity, but I still question how stable driving that thing in the wind will be.

causmik
Donor
Donor

Post by causmik » Tuesday, 23 December 2008, 14:55 PM

My guess is it might have some lateral swaying sort of like driving a small motorhome in wind we get around here. Dunno. Still would be fun to fart around in.

Mike

721HACKSAW
Donor
Donor

Post by 721HACKSAW » Tuesday, 23 December 2008, 15:15 PM

How much will it cost to replace the batteries when they wear out? Thats the big ticket on the current Hybrid vehicles, you need to be saving the money that you are not spending on gas!

Shaft
Donor
Donor

Post by Shaft » Tuesday, 23 December 2008, 16:12 PM

721HACKSAW wrote:How much will it cost to replace the batteries when they wear out? Thats the big ticket on the current Hybrid vehicles, you need to be saving the money that you are not spending on gas!
If I remember this correctly, one of the guys at Toyota told me it's about $1200 to replace the battery pack on a Prius. So far they haven't had to replace very many.

BE AMERICAN, BUY AMERICAN!
made in China

Kojak
Donor
Donor

Post by Kojak » Tuesday, 23 December 2008, 16:13 PM

Shaft wrote:
causmik wrote:
Weighs in at around 3000 lbs with around 4" ground clearance. Ninety% of the weight is in batteries. I know you have big winds in Texas but one would be hard pressed to blow this thing over.
I've seen fully loaded box van trailers blown over. I'm sure it has a low center of gravity, but I still question how stable driving that thing in the wind will be.

bear in mind that large vehicles have much more surface area (think sail) for the wind to push against

causmik
Donor
Donor

Post by causmik » Tuesday, 23 December 2008, 17:02 PM

721HACKSAW wrote:How much will it cost to replace the batteries when they wear out? Thats the big ticket on the current Hybrid vehicles, you need to be saving the money that you are not spending on gas!
Man, it seems that no matter what you have fixed anymore, that's not warranty work, is going to cost at least 1200 bucks on new vehicles. The thing that attracts me the most is no fossil fuel consumption, no oil changes or leaks to worry about. No clutch or gear shifting (that sort of takes the fun out of it....love shifting for some reason). Minimal mechanical parts aside from the drive unit. This vehicle (the Tango) has a separate motor at each rear wheel.

Seems to me that in my situation where I would not use it for all my driving needs, the battery array would last for quite some time. Might look sort of odd pulling my service trailer behind my Tango!

Mike

pitbull3825
Donor
Donor
Radio: RCI 2995DX,S45,99V
Name: D.Porter
Home Phone: 2626204180

Re: SMART CAR-hayabusa motor

Post by pitbull3825 » Friday, 30 October 2009, 6:03 AM

I'm sold. Ya think Santa will bring me one for X Mas :drunken:
Honorable discharge 8 years U.S. Army 63S E-5
Locally you will listen to what I say!!!

"When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep.

When we fall asleep, we commit no sin When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. So, let's all get drunk and go to heaven!"

George Bernard Shaw

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic