AMSoil

This is the place to show off that ride, ask questions, or find answers about your favorite cars, trucks, 4X4`s, street rods.

Moderator: JR Moderator

North Texas Mudduck
Wordwide & Qualified
Wordwide & Qualified

AMSoil

Post by North Texas Mudduck » Sunday, 16 August 2009, 20:16 PM

what we think of AMSoil
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

puller
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Re: AMSoil

Post by puller » Monday, 17 August 2009, 13:17 PM

we sell it at the auto parts store i work at, it great stuff. i run it in my truck :r&r:
#403 the man they call SLEDPULLER waving from the garden state

Watermelonman53
Donor
Donor

Post by Watermelonman53 » Monday, 17 August 2009, 19:57 PM

IT'S AN OUTSTANDING PRODUCT. I'M GOING TO BE USING IT IN MY 625HP CAT MOTOR IN MY PETE THAT I JUST REBUILT IN ABOUT A WEEK. A CLOSE FRIEND OF MINE HAS USED IT EXCLUSIVELY IN HIS 4 TRUCKS AND REFRIGERATION TRAILERS SINCE 1991 AND SWEARS BY IT. HE HAS 1.2 MILLION ON HIS 94 WESTERN STAR WITH A 3406C AND PULLED THE PAN AND THE RODS AND MAINS STILL LOOK NEW AND NOT EVEN WORE THROUGH THE FIRST LAYER OF HARDENER YET. I GOT 730K ON MY 92 AND USED SHELL ROTELLA T AT 12,000MILE CHANGES AND MY MAINS WERE STARTING INTO THE 2ND LAYER AND RODS WERE WELL INTO THE 2ND LAYER. THE OIL PAN LOOKED NEW INSIDE. ITS NOT CHEAP BUT ITS DAMN SURE GOOD
Get Hacked and be heard like crap.......from 15Mhz-60Mhz

Foxhunter
Donor
Donor
Radio: Fisher-Price
Referrals: 1

Post by Foxhunter » Monday, 17 August 2009, 21:58 PM

I've never seen it or used it and am curious what some here might say about it. Always looking to see what's good/not so good. Honestly, when I saw the thread title----I thought it was a post about "AM Soil conductivity" and groundwaves etc lol.

Related, I have been a regular user of many of the products from Lucas Oil. It looks like they are an AMS Oil competitor in the same market. Lucas does have a long-time proven record and following in the racing world as well as in the heavy truck and machinery world, that's a fact. Autosports sponsored and NHRA associated.

I first started using the Lucas products in my big diesel rigs I've driven----the oil, fuel, gear and transmission additive products. Not exactly cheap, but then again usually anything good isn't.

Since that time I've used something from Lucas regularly in every fluid containing area of my Mercury Capri drivetrain. Excellent products.

LUCAS OIL PRODUCTS

http://www.lucasoil.com/products/displa ... =2&catid=6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I Remember

Watermelonman53
Donor
Donor

Post by Watermelonman53 » Tuesday, 18 August 2009, 10:56 AM

LEE....
YES SIR....LUCAS IS GREAT AS WELL. THATS WHAT I'VE BEEN USING IN MY OIL IN MY TRUCK AND TRAILER AND MY 7.3 EXCURSION. I ADD 1 GALLON TO EACH OIL CHANGE ON THE PETERBILT AND 2QTS TO THE REFRIGERATION UNIT ON MY TRAILER AND 2 QUARTS TO THE 7.3 AT CHANGES. I LIKE IT AND IT HAS GIVEN MY ENGINES LONGEVITY OVER THE PAST 20 YRS SINCE I BEGAN USING IT.
AMSOIL IS NOT FOR OIL CONSUMING ENGINES HOWEVER. I RECOMMEND IT GOING INTO "FIRST SERVICE" OR "NEW" ENGINES INCLUDING FRESH OVERHAULS. I WOULD HOWEVER RECOMMEND THAT ON FRESH OVERHAULS YOU USE A PREMIUM GRADE STANDARD OIL FIRST TILL YOU KNOW THAT ALL IS WELL AND LEAK FREE. IT CAN BECOME VERY VERY EXPENSIVE TRYING TO CONSTANTLY ADD OIL TO "LEAKERS" OR DEFECTIVE INSTALLS I.E. BROKE RINGS,LINED UP SPLITS IN RINGS ETC THAT CAUSE HEAVY OIL CONSUMPTION AND SUCH.
Get Hacked and be heard like crap.......from 15Mhz-60Mhz

Century21
Skipshooter
Skipshooter
Radio: Drake c series twins
Antenna: 6 element home made

Post by Century21 » Tuesday, 18 August 2009, 12:04 PM

I use lucas in my race engines i run and never had an oil related failure. I change it every 3 weeks. Or 60 laps. what ever is first.
Drake T -4xc transmitter
Drake R-4c Reciever
Yaesu 757 or 101 EE
Alpha 374A Amp
Homebrew 4 3-500 z amp
Bird 43
6 element homebrew horizontal yagi

pitbull3825
Donor
Donor
Radio: RCI 2995DX,S45,99V
Name: D.Porter
Home Phone: 2626204180

Post by pitbull3825 » Friday, 30 October 2009, 6:00 AM

My personal experience is if you have not ran synthetic in your engine don't now it will leak due to the detergents in the top of the line oil like synthetics. On that note I do run it in all my 2 stroke toys.
Honorable discharge 8 years U.S. Army 63S E-5
Locally you will listen to what I say!!!

"When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep.

When we fall asleep, we commit no sin When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. So, let's all get drunk and go to heaven!"

George Bernard Shaw

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic