Anyone going to the Fall Carlisle or Hershey Car Swap Meets?

This is the place to show off that ride, ask questions, or find answers about your favorite cars, trucks, 4X4`s, street rods.

Moderator: JR Moderator

Foxhunter
Donor
Donor
Radio: Fisher-Price
Referrals: 1

Anyone going to the Fall Carlisle or Hershey Car Swap Meets?

Post by Foxhunter » Monday, 14 September 2009, 14:49 PM

Just wondering if any of you car enthusiasts plan on attending either the Carlisle or Hershey car events this year? I'll be making an appearance at the Carlisle event this Fall and possibly Hershey also. Went to both the Spring Carlisle PA and Englishtown NJ events this year.

I also posted this information in the Cool Custom Unusual Cars or Trucks You Drive thread but I'm sure there are a number of guys who might miss it not following the thread.
Cool Custom Unusual Cars or Trucks You Drive
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=20433" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyway let me post some basic information on the event and I know that it's a huge national event, gigantic really and brings people from all over the United States. Sort of like the Dayton Hamvention is to radio guys, the Carlisle event is to car and truck guys. I inserted a picture of each show but the shows (especially carlisle) are so big it would never fit in one picture. To look at everything really you need more than one day, some go two or three. Plenty of fine looking ladies at these shows anymore too.

Is anybody going ??

Fall Carlisle Collector Car Swap Meet & Corral
Sep 30 - Oct 4, 2009

Adult Admission: W-Sa. $10 /Sun. $5 /5-day Pass $30
Child Admission: under 12- FREE

http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/events/fall-carlisle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"The Fall Carlisle Collector Car Swap Meet and Corral marks the end of the swap meet season each year. Approximately 90,000 attendees will see more than 102 acres filled with anything and everything automotive related. For those looking to buy a collector car, there are more than 2,000 vehicles of all makes, models and prices for sale in the car corral. The Fall Carlisle Auction, a sister event, takes place within walking distance at the Carlisle Expo Center showcasing antique, collector, and special-interest vehicles. Mark your calendars, Fall Carlisle has evolved into an event that offers a complete automotive experience, and it’s one you don't want to miss!"

Following the annual Carlisle event is the annual Hershey car show and meet, the 2009 AACA Eastern Regional Fall Meet . Another major event with a ton of cars and a swap meet and vendor section. I'm going to try and make it to this one too if I can.

2009 AACA Eastern Regional Fall Meet
Oct 7 to Oct 10, 2009

http://local.aaca.org/hershey/fallmeet.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"The Eastern Division AACA National Fall Meet takes place each year during the 1st full week in October. The Hershey Region began hosting the show in 1955 and has done so each year since then.

The meet is located in beautiful Hershey, PA on the grounds and parking lots surrounding Hersheypark and The Giant Center. Hershey is considered one of the largest antique automobile shows and flea markets in the United States.

It consists of over 9,000 flea market spaces, over 1,000 car corral spaces, and approximately 1,500 show cars. Each year the show attracts visitors from all over the United States and many countries throughout the world. Some of the most unusual cars and parts can be found at Hershey. If you love antique cars, Hershey is the place to be."

I Remember

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic