Mounting a larger radio in new cascadia

This is the place to post your general tips or ask questions about your installation, whether it's for mobile or base stations.
craig_sez
Duckplucker
Duckplucker
Antenna: predator 10k
Radio: stryker 955

Mounting a larger radio in new cascadia

Post by craig_sez »

Well guys,i just got word my new cascadia is in and gettin decaled...
Based on a few vids i saw the new f/l doesnt have room for a physically bigger radio such as my 955 stryker...I have seen guys mount cobras with ease but just doesnt look like enough room for a bigger radio..This being a company truck and NOT my own,anyone have mounting suggestions??

After that i get to tackle the antenna issue with my predator..
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Re: Mounting a larger radio in new cascadia

Post by MDYoungblood »

You may have to downsize to a Lincoln II, they are about as big as the Uniden Bearcat 980SSB.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
craig_sez
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by craig_sez »

Well i got 3 cobras and my stryker..No more radios..I like my stryker to so its not goin..
DSD
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER

Post by DSD »

Some of the guys I work with just velcro their radios to the dash, some of the drivers just don't like to reach up to adjust them, or they don't fit up top. Most of the volvos the dash is the stock location, on some of the older KWs too.

I dunno if the truck you got is the same as the one Cascadia we have but I drove it last week and the antennas would slap on the fairing anytime the truck rocked a bit. I got me to thinking that if it was my truck I would want to put some tennis balls or something on them to quiet them down a bit. Would that cause any problems?
craig_sez
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by craig_sez »

If you ask me..They are useless..When i got my cascadia a cpl months ago i didnt make it outta the lot before they came off..Didnt tune at all..

If you wanna keep yours,use a plastic wire tie to the plastic extension on the roof..Thats what some of the guys did..Keeps them quiet but they are still usless..

As for mounting in a cascadia..This is my idea..I used the quallcomm mount and added a $6 cutting board and a few of those disc that go under the legs of a chair..