Alignment using an FC-347?

If you need assistance with a radio modification or have any questions, this forum is the perfect place to ask. Feel free to pop in and join the discussion!
desync0

Alignment using an FC-347?

Post by desync0 »

I want to unlock the clarifier on my 949, but it will need aligned after, actually it needs it now, it's goes up 5-6khz on transmit.

But there's no shops anywhere near here without taking it stateside, even then the closest one I know of I've heard mixed reviews.

So I was wondering if I can either connect the fc347 to the test points? Will it show the 16mhz/10mhz ranges that I'm supposed to tune to?

Or can I leave it plugged in the back and align it in the normal 26/27mhz range?
mat_me
6 PILL USER
6 PILL USER
Antenna: mag mount wilson 100
Radio: Stryker 440

Re: Alignment using an FC-347?

Post by mat_me »

desync0 Where abouts are you that you cant find a shop?
Stryker 440, Cobra 29 LTD ST, Cobra 29 LTD Harley Davidson, Cobra 29 LTD (side mic) , Cobra 148 GTL, Uniden Grant XL, Uniden PC66XL, Lil Will, K40, Wilson 1000 White
desync0

Post by desync0 »

In Windsor... Only shop I know of near by is at the detroiter in woodhaven, but I've heard a 50/50 split he's either a hack, or does great work.
linx

Post by linx »

Short answer is no.
Long answer is that frequency counter isn't the same type they are talking about in the alignment procedure. The type they are talking about has a probe similar to that of a volt meter....you touch it to the cans or whatever part it tells you to and adjust that part until the desired frequency is reached. There's lots of specialty tools that good shops use like high quality volt meters, real frequency counters, rf signal generators, oscilloscopes, etc.

I'm all for working on something yourself, but you just need to foot the shipping bill and pay someone to do it.
desync0

Post by desync0 »

Thanks linx that what I figured.

I was hoping to learn to do it my self (and save on shipping across the border), but I'm sure shipping would be cheaper then building a shop.