Jeep Wrangler radio mounting

If you need help or advice on setting up a mobile, this forum is the perfect place to ask.
DOG MAN
Donor
Donor

Jeep Wrangler radio mounting

Post by DOG MAN »

2015 Jeep Wrangler, where are the radios being mounted in these vehicles. Very tight up front, it also has T-Top. Any ideas for mounting a cobra 29 SW
MDYoungblood
Verified
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

I also have a 2015 JK body and yes, space is precious inside, might be the reason the wife says "NO!!!" every time I talk about a radio for in it. I have seen a mount that goes above the mirror on the rollbar, probably the best place but a Cobra 29 is way too big of a radio for there. I would look at some smaller radios out now. Stryker as a nice AM/FM conversion, as does Anytone, Uniden has a couple too.
My choice is going to be a Icom IC-7100 with the head unit on a cup holder mount (yes, I'm a hammie) and a Tarheel antenna on the back.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
DOG MAN
Donor
Donor

Post by DOG MAN »

Thanks Greg great idea. I also use a Hamm radio some of the time I might start using it in the Jeep I just looked at the Icom ID 5100 I like the way it mounts up on the dash nice and net. Thanks for heading me in the right direction with the cup holder also 👍🏻
MDYoungblood
Verified
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

For a VHF/UHF antenna mount I was thinking of the light bracket that attaches to the windshield bolts and add an extra set of lights as well, naturally the screwdriver antenna would be one of the on the back behind the spare mount, safest place to mount an expensive antenna.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
SandMan
Donor
Donor

Post by SandMan »

I used an Overhead MOLLE panel in mine.. Ebay has them screws to the windshield frame and other end sits on top of Speaker bar.. How are you guys cutting the noise from the DataBus? My new radio picks up crazy noise from the computers..

Donate here

Merge Complete

Added 38 minutes 39 seconds after previous.