Radio Mod for K3?

If you need assistance with a radio modification or have any questions, this forum is the perfect place to ask. Feel free to pop in and join the discussion!
De_Wildfire
Donor
Donor

Radio Mod for K3?

Post by De_Wildfire »

Marv, Is there a way to increase the power limits on the Elecraft K3 and tap into the service menu? The output restricts the radio to 12 watts on 11 meters after the company sent me a link to click on the firmware that opened up my radio for all the bands including 11 meters after producing my MARS license. They restricted it to 12 watts only on that band. There has to be a service menu either by hooking a pc up to it or a secret service menu by pushing certain buttons. There is not a physical mod that can be done. Does anyone else know a back door into the power limits?
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Radio Mod for K3?

Post by MDYoungblood »

I doubt if Marv has an answer for that one. If my memory is correct I think the K3 has 2 PA boards inside, one is the main 100w board and the other is basically for the tuning section which is roughly 10 to 12w. I'll bet the sneaky tech's at Elecraft has the firmware programmed to us that board for 11m. Keep us informed on what you find.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
De_Wildfire
Donor
Donor

Re: Radio Mod for K3?

Post by De_Wildfire »

Interesting. Never thought about that. Thanks! Will let you know what I uncover.