CHANNEL 6 CB RADIO SKIP 27 MHZ

A place to ask questions about base setup for CB radios or HAM radios. Talk about your experiences, seek advice, and share knowledge.
Wencyslaus
Mud-Duck Jr.
Mud-Duck Jr.

CHANNEL 6 CB RADIO SKIP 27 MHZ

Post by Wencyslaus »

Lets talk about keeping CB radio skip alive on xhannel 6 AM !!!
jessejamesdallas
Verified
Donor
Donor

Post by jessejamesdallas »

Wencyslaus wrote: April 6th, 2023, 9:12 am Lets talk about keeping CB radio skip alive on xhannel 6 AM !!!
The Superbowl ain't going nowhere... :lol:
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
MDYoungblood
Verified
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

Channel 6AM, I only use it as a propagation monitor, personally I’m just a guppy in a shark tank on that channel!

3’s

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
Wencyslaus
Mud-Duck Jr.
Mud-Duck Jr.

Post by Wencyslaus »

As far as I know, I have never been heard by anyone on Channel 6 skip no matter how hard I try to transmit from a stock barefoot mobile CB in a car mobile installation with a modest antenna. Is there anyone here who is able to transmit and receive on and keep a conversation going on channel 6 AM skip, and if so can they tell me how to do it without breaking the bank?
Windwalker
Verified

Post by Windwalker »

Channel 6 is the Superbowl. You need lots of power to talk on that channel. A barefoot or stock radio isnt gonna do it.
So that said might I suggest trying SSB. You will have a much better chance of getting the skip you desire !

WW1
Verified
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by »

Hey..

Depending on conditions and propagation you can make contacts on ‘the bowl’ channel 6 without power.

Contact at the right moment is what your waiting for.

Patience, propagation and persistence is the key.

I’ve made contacts all over the US, Mexico, Hawaii and the Caribbean with my stock RCI 2950 running about 17W and an Antron 99 vertical.

Although I do make a lot of worldwide contacts on LSB with the same equipment.

The only time I use any type of amplification is when I’m on the amateur bands contesting as well as completing my worldwide country list.

Hang in there.

Bombero
Official Moderator - CBRT Complaints Department
We encourage all users to support our sponsors. We believe our sponsors are the best out there.
Be sure to tell them you saw their name on CBRadioTalk.
Support our fine sponsors!

383 Boogieman

Verified
Owner
Owner

Post by »

jessejamesdallas wrote: April 6th, 2023, 3:02 pm
Wencyslaus wrote: April 6th, 2023, 9:12 am Lets talk about keeping CB radio skip alive on xhannel 6 AM !!!
The Superbowl ain't going nowhere... :lol:
Agreed, @jessejamesdallas!

@Wencyslaus on Channel 6 - The Super Bowl Story

Hey there, @Wencyslaus 📻

I've got a tale to spin about the legendary Channel 6, a.k.a "The Super Bowl." 🏟️ But before I get into it, let me reminisce about my rookie days when I got my first 100-watt Roadrunner amplifier. 🚗💨

I remember when I bought that beast. I spent more hours trying to coax it to life than I care to admit. 😅 I mean, I'd yak away all day, and that amp got so hot you could probably make omelets on it! 🍳 I even thought to myself, "They must be politicking against me because I had a hundred-watt amplifier" lol. 😂

But you know what, @Paul? CB radio is all about the journey. There are other great channels to start on, like the Rose Bowl on Channel 26 or even the Mini Bowl on Channel 11, where you can chat all the way to Hawaii. 🌹🌺

I did finally get my name called on Channel 6 with that Roadrunner 100-watt amplifier, but let me tell you, it was very rare, and only when the weather was perfect, and conditions were just right. Mother Nature had to be on my side! 🌟

As time went on, I upgraded to the Texas Star Sweet 16, and that's when things got interesting.

So, remember, even though it can be challenging, it's not impossible. Keep at it, stay determined, and who knows, you might just hear your name echo across the Super Bowl airwaves one day! 😄

It's important to note that getting your name called on Channel 6 with a barefoot radio like the Uniden PRO 401HH with a rubber duck antenna, as you use, @Wencyslaus, can be a real challenge. 😄

You're probably not going to talk long distances using a handheld setup like that. Consider upgrading your mobile setup or even moving up to a base station. That's where the real Super Bowl action happens! 📻

Share your own Super Bowl stories below, and let's keep the airwaves alive with humor and camaraderie! 😄

#Channel6 #CBRadio #SuperBowl #RoadrunnerAmplifier #UnidenPRO401HH #TexasStarSweet16

Donate here

KP68
Donor
Donor

Post by KP68 »

Like MDYoungblood said, I use it for propagation monitoring. If there is nothing on the bowl, there is high probability 11 meters is dead. Although I have enough fire in the wire to get my name called on the bowl, I rarely go there because 99.99% of the time I can't understand a word everyone is saying lol. Because of my days as a rock musician, my ears have taken a beating. Words mixed in with tons of noise I have a very hard time understanding. Pitches and tones though, I'm still spot on :-D
TNT1450
Duckplucker
Duckplucker

Post by TNT1450 »

KP68 wrote: October 12th, 2023, 6:51 pm I rarely go there because 99.99% of the time I can't understand a word everyone is saying lol. Because of my days as a rock musician, my ears have taken a beating.
It's not just you, and not just your ears being blasted by loud rock music. I can hear what they're saying and still can't understand a word half the time. But like the others, I just use channel 6 as a propagation indicator, as well as 38.
De_Wildfire
Donor
Donor

Post by De_Wildfire »

I use channel 6 and 38LSB for propagation monitoring. The big guns are running super power but a better indicator of people running lower power is more reliable on channel 38LSB. When that skip is in, you can make a contact with someone from channel 36-40 LSB.
Critter98
2 PILL USER
2 PILL USER

Post by Critter98 »

I hear a couple guys on 6 up here. My antenna is in my attic. I haven't tried reaching out yet cause I know I won't be able to contact anyone with my set-up. Sometimes the accent is hard for me to understand especially when they talk so fast, even though I spent a lot of my time with NATO forces and managed quite well with different nation's troops. Some guys at the end of their Tx will say what sounds like "back-why", no idea what that is.
De_Wildfire
Donor
Donor

Post by De_Wildfire »

Critter, try Channel 38 LSB, there are lower power stations there and have a good chance of getting them when the skip rolls in.