President radio pricing?

Just any other questions that you don't see a forum for? Go ahead and post here.
Mentor3006
Donor
Donor

President radio pricing?

Post by Mentor3006 »

So I was just wondering, does President set the prices resellers are allowed to sell their products for? I am looking for a deal on a President McKinley II FCC for my pickup as I REALLY like the one I got for my van, and I noticed that everyone seems to have the same price, $219.00, on this radio. Not even variations in change...

I know HP does this with computer stuff, but never heard of it with radio MFGs...
MDYoungblood
Verified
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

It is called MSRP, (manufacturer suggested retail price), the only thing most seller's can do is give you a break on shipping.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
Mentor3006
Donor
Donor

Post by Mentor3006 »

Suggested yes. But usually not mandatory. Retailers unless there is a contractual restriction like with HP printers, inks and such, most retailers can sell for higher, or lower prices depending on what they think they can get for an item. For example just a quick google for AM FM CB radio and I see the Cobra 19 mini going for anywhere from $79.99 on Amazon, to $164.99 on Newegg.com. I sort of expect to see a closer proximity in pricing and have not checked to be certain there are the same exact model, but you typically see some fluctuation in prices...
Mentor3006
Donor
Donor

Post by Mentor3006 »

So apparently after doing some deeper digging into retailers that I wouldn't have thought would have CB equipment, not everyone sells President at the same Price. The regularly established price seems to be $219.00, apparently Home Depot has a resellers program and has the President McKinley II FCC for $264.99, not wanting to go UP in price so hard pass. The lowest price I found after about 2 days on and off refining my search was Walmart has a reseller with the McKinley II FCC for $199.00, that's better. Now buyer beware though, there are still a LOT of President McKinley USA models that are not the McKinley II FCC, the USA models lack most importantly the FM mode and typically retail for around $179.00.
MDYoungblood
Verified
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MDYoungblood »

I would say online stores don't carry a stock and the prices are third party sales so you can't go by them and if you do watch out for refurbished, re-boxed, etc., also it could be manufacturer shipped and that is time consuming.
Watch eBay, Amazon, HD, Walmart, etc. for when they have discount deals. eBay usually sends me an email to cover shipping or up to 25% off, I've been using them as it sends a few cents on every purchase to the forum to help ends meet.

3's

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
Mentor3006
Donor
Donor

Post by Mentor3006 »

Not worried about refurbs yet at this model has only been out since July or August this year... But I get it. And yes I found the radio, on order as it fits what I want to pay for it...